Sep 18, 2008

First They Came - Martin Niemoller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
This is Korean version.
그들이 처음 왔을때 / 마르틴 니묄러.

나치는 우선 공산당을 숙청했다. 나는 공산당원이 아니었으므로 침묵했다.
그 다음엔 노동조합원을 숙청했다. 나는 노동조합원이 아니므로 침묵했다.
그 다음엔 유태인을 숙청했다, 나는 유태인이 아니었으므로 침묵했다.
그 다음엔 나에게 왔다. 그 순간에 이르자, 나서줄 사람이 아무도 남지 않았다.
This is Germany version, I believe:
Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
Although just small group of people suffer, it is related with my life. Don't forget.

No comments: